I like playing with soft pastels.

 Doesn’t matter really if I never get any good at it, I am doing it for myself. I don’t care if I sell them, don’t care if I ever get recognition for my work, just want to keep playing with these beautiful sticks of color because it is so much fun.

Started playing with pastels a decade ago after becoming disabled with Multiple Sclerosis and Transverse Myelitis. It lifted my spirits and got me up out of bed. 

I hope my blog might encourage others to try their hand at soft pastel art. Especially other people like me who struggle with the blues and need some joy in their life.






Comments

  1. Beautiful. I haven't done pastels since high school. I want to get past my...fear? of colour, and try some pastels. I'd like to teach my 9 year old granddaughter, as she has the passion of an artist.
    I like to think she's a lot like I was as a child.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for your kind comment. I do hope you try it again, it is so much fun and no harm is done, really, if a painting doesn’t turn out. It’s just paper and pigment. 😍
      I hope you can help encourage your granddaughter and set an example for her by making time to create and enjoy art!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Low Country